carina in print – daily record
Carina’s Daily Record recipe this week is a true classic – Easy Quiche Lorraine.
In print Monday 10th September 2018
Serves 4-6 depending on how hungry you are!
1 x packet pre rolled puff pastry
For the filling:
6 free range eggs
500ml double cream
10 rashers of streaky bacon, cut into small pieces
Salt and pepper to season
Grating of fresh nutmeg
Butter for greasing
1 x Egg and milk wash
1. Butter a loose bottom fluted pie tin and place the pre rolled pastry on top. Make sure the pastry is large enough to slightly fold over the edges of the tin.
2. Brush with pastry with the egg wash. Place a sheet of baking paper on top of the pastry and weigh down with baking beans.
3. Bake at gas mark 4 for 15 minutes to seal the pastry.
4. Remove from the oven, removing the paper and beans and cool for a few minutes. Any loose edges can be broken off at this stage to make the pastry look neat.
5. Beat all the filling ingredients together and fill the lined pie dish.
6. Bake at Gas mark 3 for 30 – 40 minutes until the quiche is set. Serve hot or cold as you please.