Carina in print – Daily record
Chocolate Chip Cookies by Carina Contini for today’s Daily Record
The children love these. They are a really easy recipe to let them make on their own and they store very well in an airtight jar, if you can resist.
75g soft brown sugar
150g self raising flour
125g unsalted butter
1 free range egg
120g 50% cocoa chocolate chips
1. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. Heat the oven to gas mark 4.
3. Beat the butter and sugar until creamed then add the egg.
4. Fold in the flour and the dried ingredients.
5. Using a large soup spoon, place spoons of the mixture on the baking sheet. Space them out a little as the mixture will spread when it cooks.
6. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until golden and cool on a wire rack and enjoy.