Carina in print – Daily Record
Pistachio & Orange Biscuits by Carina Contini for today’s Daily Record
Pistachios are one of the most expensive nuts around but they are my favourite. I love them in anything. The kernels are softer than almonds of hazelnuts so don’t get stuck in my teeth. A second reason to love them so much. They also make these little treats not as sweet.
125g caster sugar, plus extra for
300g plain flour, sieved, plus
100g fresh pistachios roughly chopped
Finely grated zest of an orange
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas 4 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Slowly fold in the flour and cornflour until well incorporated, then fold in the pistachios and orange zest. 4. Transfer to a floured surface and roll out to a thickness of 3–5mm.
5. Using a scone or biscuit cutter, cut the dough into small rounds. Place on the baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 8–10 minutes or until golden.
6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a little caster sugar, then leave to cool on a wire rack.