Carina in print – Daily record
Parmigiano Scones by Carina Contini for today’s Daily Record
These are more savoury than our usual Isle of Mull cheddar scones. We serve these with a little dish of creamed ricotta. Crowdie works well too.
150g grated Parmigiano Reggiano plus a little extra to place on top
1. Mix flour, salt, nutmeg and butter until breadcrumb texture.
2. Add eggs, cheese and yoghurt.
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, knead a couple of times just to bring together.
4. Roll out into a rectangle 2cm deep and cut out as many rounds as possible.
5. Brush with beaten egg and grate a little extra cheese on top
6. Bake for 10 mins at 180 or until risen and golden.