carina in print – daily record
31 December 2018
Cranberry Shortbread by Carina Contini in Daily Record Monday 31st December 2018
Everyone loves a gift of food at Christmas. Homemade shortbread is one of the best if you have the time to make a super big batch. Pack in a pretty box with a ribbon and I promise
your gift will be greeted with an enormous smile.
Makes 12 large biscuits
200g unsalted butter
125g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
300g plain flour sieved, plus extra for dusting
100g dried cranberries
Caster sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Slowly fold in the flour and cornflour until well incorporated, then fold in the cranberries.
4. Transfer to a floured surface and roll out to a thickness of 3-5mm.
5. Using a scone or biscuit cutter, cut the dough into small rounds.
6. Place on the baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
7. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a little caster sugar, then leave to cool on a wire rack.