Carina in print – daily record
Carina’s Daily Record recipe this week is an easy step guide to homemade sausage rolls. In print Monday 24th September 2018
1 packet pre rolled puff pastry
For the filling:
400g lean minced pork
100g streaky bacon, very finely chopped
Salt to taste
Grated zest of a lemon
1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
1 teaspoon very finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon very finely chopped fresh sage
1 teaspoon very finely chopped fresh thyme
1 egg mixed with a little milk
1. Thoroughly mix all of the filling and set aside.
2. You will need two flat baking sheets covered with grease proof and preheat the oven Gas mark 6.
3. Roll out the pastry.
4. Form the filling into a sausage shape, about the thickness of a ten pence piece and lay on top of the pastry.
5. You’ll need enough pastry to roll the filling over and seal with the egg wash.
6. Score the top of the pastry with a sharp knife.
7. Cut into 2 / 3 cm slices and lay on the tray. Continue until all filled and cut.
8. Leave in the fridge for about 1 hour to set the pastry.
9. When ready, brush with the egg wash and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes until golden.