carina in print – daily record
Every week Carina writes a baking column in the Scottish Daily Record. The below was in print Monday 3rd September 2018
Chocolate & Orange Shortbread
200g unsalted butter
125g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
300g plain flour sieved plus extra for dusting
Finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed orange
100g of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180c/350F/Gas 4 and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Slowly fold in the flour and corn flour until well incorporated, then fold in the chocolate and zest.
- Transfer to a floured surface and roll out to a thickness of 3-5mm. Using a scone or biscuit cutter, cut the dough into small rounds. Place on the baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a little caster sugar, then leave to cool on a wire rack