Carina in print – Daily Record
Every week Carina writes a baking column in the Scottish Daily Record. The below was in print Monday 27th August 2018
110g self-raising flour
1 tbsp cocoa
60g ground almonds
75g caster sugar
40g candied orange
1 tbsp orange zest
1 egg white
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of nutmeg
1. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and heat the oven to 150°C.
2. Beat the eggs until the form soft peak in a mixer.
3. Fold in the sugar, cocoa, almonds and vanilla.
4. The mixture should be firm enough to handle.
5. Roll into 15 – 20 small balls and place generously on the baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes until lightly golden.
7. Transfer to a cooling wire and dust with a little icing sugar to finish.