Carina in print – Daily record
In print Monday 20th August 2018
Ricciarelli by Carina Contini
600g ground almonds
450g icing sugar
4 egg whites
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C (320°F). Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and
rub lightly with butter or oil.
2. Put the ground almonds and lemon zest in a bowl. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until very stiff. Add the sugar and keep beating until you have a stiff meringue mixture and fold in the ground almond
4. Cover a worktop in lots of icing sugar. Take the dough, roll out into a long log and cut into small pieces.
5. Take each piece of dough. Make sure the exposed dough gets a coating of icing sugar, then use your hands to shape into a round shape. Cover each piece in more
6. Arrange a few centimetres apart on the baking tray.
7. Bake for around 10 minutes until they are slightly expanded and cracked and the inside is pale golden.