BY CARINA CONTINIFORDAILY RECORD. IN PRINT MONDAY 10th DECEMBER 2018
Guaranteed you’ll have some panettone leftover from Christmas. Here you go, this will use it up!
50g unsalted butter at room temperature
12 tbsps. Atlantico Rum
1 whole nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
200ml single cream
2 tablespoons golden caster sugar
- In a large bowl beat the butter with 6 tablespoons of Rum until the liquid has been incorporated. It’s really easy to do this with a wooden spoon if you put the butter in a big mixing bowl and cream it together
- Remove the paper from the panettone and slice the into slices about 2cm thick.
- Place the sultanas, 6 tablespoons of Rum, the grated nutmeg and cinnamon into a saucepan and bring to the boil
- Choose a 2 lb. baking dish and butter all sides
- Take a slice of panettone and spread the Rum butter on one side. Place a layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Scatter a spoonful of the sultanas over the panettone. Continue layering the panettone and sultanas until the dish is full
- Beat the egg, sugar, cream and milk together in a jug then pour over the bread mixture
- Sprinkle a little caster sugar over the top of the pudding to give a toast topping